Site Counter


View My Stats

Sunday, September 27, 2009

THANK YOU WANLU FROM THE PHILIPINES FOR SHARING WITH US


Wanlu

Hi N Jay AND READERS OF THIS BLOG:
I have problems with labials as well. My lip control is not ideal but I try hard (he practices, practices, practices) and I think a ventriloquist must really try hard to have at least a decent lip control. If a ventriloquist is as famous as Edgar Bergen, then maybe lip control wont be an issue. But even famous and wealthy ventriloquists like Jeff Dunham and Terry Fator try hard to showcase a decent lip control.On my part, I have problems with labials(B-F-M-P-V-W) but I use the standard technique which is substitution. For TV, I use a lot of proper camera angles. I tell the show director not to take close up shots and more on left side camera shots. Plus a few tight shots on the figure once in awhile. I have had some TV shows where my lip control was terrible...and I learned from those experiences. Now, every time I am featured in TV, I insist on specific camera shots. I also insist that I am provided with a sound monitor. I will bring my own if I need to...just to make sure I will hear myself well. For live shows, the best way to overcome those hard labials is practice....practice...and more practice. I also managed to learn a few cheats...like wiping the nose once in awhile. Oh yes...I cheat, Im so sorry but there are just words I just cant get away with a decent lip control. I dont want to sacrifice clarity for lip control and realize nobody got the punchline because the word was not understood. :)Thank you very much for the privilege to be a part of your blog. I'm a relatively new ventriloquist, I am not an expert but a student of the art and I continue to learn more.I am proud to say that in the Philippines, because of my TV exposure, a regular citizen has added a new word to his vocabulary, VENTRILOQUIST. :) I bring back ALL THE GLORY TO GOD.Wanluhttp://www.facebook.com/l/4f8e4;www.wanlu.net

No comments: