Site Counter


View My Stats

Monday, August 10, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSITY TO KUKLA FRAN AND OLLIE AND THE GREAT BURR TILLSTROM

On August 11, 2009 KFO WILL BE TURNING 60 A new DVD will also be making its debut in honor of the show and they will be commenorated on a postage stamp as well. What better way to say thank you for all the many great moments some or most of us spent in their village of The debut was on NBC, Kukla, Fran and Ollie 12th 1949 we spent 5 exciting days a week for 10 years with the puppets. Which mean I grew up with them as my baby sitter. Uncle Burr Tillstrom was the one and only puppeteer on the show who gave voice and character to the 12 puppets. Fran Allison was the only live person on the show who was the go between for the puppets and the tv followers. Burt manipulated all the puppets on the show, unlike puppeteers today, who manipulate just one puppet, Kukla, Ollie, Buelah Witch, Madame Ooglepuss, Colonel Crackie, Fletcher Rabbit to name a few All the jokes on the show was for real, remember this was live TV no tape in those days, so when a joke was made it was heard for the first time. This shi=ow was so popular that it attracted many of the top names in show business to there world. I remember the first time I saw this program I was awe struck I think I might have been all of 2 or 3 and we just got our 1st TV, everyone in the apartment building came to watch at 7 p.m. KFO thank you for the great times and of course the memories. Anyone with some memories of this great show that wish to share please leave your comment...

No comments: