Site Counter


View My Stats

Thursday, October 16, 2008

THE CAREGIVER TO WEBSTER WEBFOOT




Jimmy Weldon was born Dec 23, 1923, he is an actor , ventriloquist and Childrens TV host. He is best known as the voice of the cartoon character Yakky Doodle Duck and Webster Webfoot. Born in Texas, Weldon began his career as a disc jockey at KWCO in Oklahoma City in 1946, remaining there and staying till1950. He made his television debut in 1950, as "Uncle" Jimmy (himself) and the voice of the duck puppet, Webster Webfoot on "The Webster Webfoot Show", from Dallas, Texas. Leaving the airwaves temporailly and returning again in 1959, as the host of "HI, MOM" after Shari Lewis left. They continued performing their show in Fresno throughout the 1960s.
It was thanks to Weldon's "quacky" voice that he earned the voice-over for the Hanna-Barbera cartoon character, Yakky Doodle Duck. Yakky Doodle made frequent appearances on the Yogi Bear cartoons, and then got his own show, "The Yakky Doodle Duck Show", from 1960 to 1962.
Weldon has also made numerous television appearances, as well as voice-overs for various television shows and cartoons. Now its your turn I know that this has sparked a memory or two, so in the comments section please place your memories.
Tom Crowl said...
I found Jimmy on Youtube several years ago and visited his website to order his DVD. (Which I promptly forgot about.) Two months later he called me to apologize that he had just gotten the order! The man is absolutely wonderful. I will never forget the thrill I received talking with him on the phone.

1 comment:

Tom Crowl said...

I found Jimmy on Youtube several years ago and visited his website to order his DVD. (Which I promptly forgot about.) Two months later he called me to apologize that he had just gotten the order! The man is absolutely wonderful. I will never forget the thrill I received talking with him on the phone.