Site Counter


View My Stats

Saturday, July 11, 2009

CAN ANOTHER VENTRILOQUSTS ROUTINE BE USED IF IT IS REWORKED







Hi V Yours.
I agree, but sometimes a bit can be modified with a nod to the owner, and make for a new wrinkle in a show. I sometimes ask, especially here in the South, "How many of you like Jeff Fox worthy?" Lots of hands go up, of course.Well, there are small, harmless, very pretty snakes with a brilliantly colored ventral surface and a bright ring around the neck - a reclusive, fossorial and rather prolific species called, appropriately enough, Ring neck snakes.Sooo... if the toe of an old tennis shoe is your idea of luxury accommodations, you might be a Ring neck.If slugs, grubs and salamander eggs are your idea of gourmet fare, you might be a Ring neck.That's as far as I usually go (though I have several more) but it's clearly a respectful nod to the originator, and I move on quickly after generating a couple of good laughs.
Daryl

N J replies If other vents used a well known vent's catch phrases 'I Keel You' I don't think it matters if 50 or 500 vents use that line ...its already been established who originated it, who it belongs to. When someone comes along and re invents it, like Berle's I'll Keel you a millyoin times, to Durham's Achmed the Dead Terrorists quite or I Keel Yo!! Jack Benny's Weeelll!! can be reinvented to a reply to any question asked a country Bunpkin, as an example or Jimmy Nelson's Farfel... N E S T L E S Nestles make the very best chocolate...its known that it belongs to a certain comedian. I Think that by using it or re inventing the same phrase its a credit to the originator, doesn't Dunham's Achmed The Dead Terrorist 'I Keel You' sound the same as Berle's? Each honors the one before.
One Man's Opinion:
N J and the Vent6

No comments: