Site Counter


View My Stats

Monday, October 12, 2009

BILL DEMAR HEADLINES AT JACK RUBY'S CAROSEL IN DALLAS 1963

An agent sent me down for the job. I was tending bar at the time, something I knew nothing about, but learned as I went along. Can’t stand alcohol . Jack kept me, because the girls liked me and the band liked me and I changed my approach and Jack changed his mind.
I was in and out of there several times, he didn’t like to keep an mc for more than two weeks, this was most places. The last time I was there Jack was fed up with the people he had over the past year and just wanted me and Wally Weston to mc (switch off every two weeks) from then on. It didn’t work out that way.

Bill thank you for the history behind you and the Carosel. A big part of the history surrounding the dreadful week in Dallas.

No comments: